Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie – A Recipe For Strong, Healthy Teeth
Keep your smile bright and your teeth healthy! Just like your bones, your teeth stay strong when you consume enough calcium and vitamin D. Milk, Strawberries and broccoli are all foods that can help prevent trips to the dentist. Enjoy this Strawberry-Kiwi Smoothie to get some cavity-fighting nutrients.
Refreshing and easy to make, one serving provides almost twice the amount of vitamin C you need for an entire day! Consume tooth-strengthening calcium and vitamin D from the milk in this strawberry smoothie.
During your next appointment at Rory Knapp, DDS make sure to ask your hygienist for other tips for keeping your smile bright.
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated, or sugar substitute
- 2 kiwi, peeled and quartered (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1 cup(s) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoon mint, fresh, chopped, plus two sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup(s) ice cubes, crushed
Combine the milk, strawberries, kiwis, chopped mint, sugar or sugar substitute, and ice in a blender or food processor. Blend until desired consistency. Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
Amount per Serving
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sodium: 81 mg
- Total Fat: 0 g
- Calories: 155
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 32 g
- Protein: 8 g